Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Chapter Five: Days like today

I have days like today a lot. more then i'd like to confess. 

Yesterday I laid in bed all day. 
I got out to check on my animals, use the bathroom, and tend to some farm emergencies. 
I was drained. 
I woke up drained. 
I had no energy left in my body, and to top it off i had a killer migraine. 

My whole body was sore, and no matter how much I slept my migraine didn't go away.
I have meds for my migraines, but they knock me out. cold.

Normally I have 10-15 mins before I fall asleep after I take them, but once I wake up, I'm in a groggy state for the rest of the day. 
then i sleep more.
then i get more sore from not moving.
then my sleeping schedule is messed up, and i have days like today.

Days like today can be good.
But, days like today can be bad.

Otis helps me a lot on days like today. He always sleeps close to me, but he knows on days like today, I really need him. 

He likes to come up to my face and snuggle in my hair. Sometimes he'll poke me on the cheek with his cold little nose to wake me up so I pet him. If i don't wake up he'll continue to poke my face till I do. Sometimes I wonder if it's his way to see if I'm alive, but then again he probably just wants pets.

Days like today have its ups and downs.
The ups are great, I normally work with my horses or goats and they make me feel like I'm on top of the world. 
They bring so much joy & happiness too me.
But
Days like today have its downs.
If I stay in bed for one day, it sets our farm back 5 days.
I feel sick, sore, and moody.
When the weather is gross its worse.
Days like today suck when the weather is gross.
sucks so much.

Days like today also means I got to reply to the 5+ Facebook messages and god knows how many emails. 
My anxiety hates replying.
It could be the simplest message but i will be frozen in fear that it'll go wrong.

Days like today I try to tell myself that its all worth it.
Sometimes it works
Sometimes it doesn't

When it doesn't, I have days like today, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment